Monday, March 7, 2011

It was bound to happen this way...


...and you've probably already read all about it. Dior is done with their main man John G. Hmmm...aside from the crippling substance abuse problems and anti-Semitic fiasco, I still can't really say I'm flabbergasted by this decision. Fall 2011 RTW was weird, mis-matchy and Eastern European to say the least. And while the Haute Couture has never failed to ooh and ahh...it got a bit samesy. Please don't think I'm saying that I'm better than John Galliano or that I think his designs are terrible...they are AMAZING! All I'm saying is that this was more of a 'Yeah, ok' moment than a 'OMFG REALLY?!' one...ya know? Makes you wonder also, as it's not really rocket science that Galliano needed to get some rehab for quite sometime before he apparently became a racist, how long has Dior been waiting for the perfect rip cord to come along? Anti-Semitic remarks in Europe ought to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment