Friday, February 26, 2010

Lacey socks?

I've never really warmed to the lacey sock revival. Don't get me wrong, the look pretty sweet on most people and I think 'Hey lacey socks. That's cool.' But whenever I go to reach for a pair, memories from my childhood of surly little girls in poofy nylon dresses and shoes that squeak with their Filipino maid running after them just come flooding back, and I just can't quite do it. Or so I thought...Enter American Apparel - the saviour of all things basic/borderline slutty. NAVY BLUE lacey socks? Now these I think I can quite happily do.

4 comments:

  1. I am down with these. They are awesome. I don't know if I could pull them off though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am down with these Sarah. I would defo do them, with some brogues maybe and a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non brogues fo me. Trying NOT to look 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are cute. possibly with some sort of platform/wedge shoe boot? or some combination of that.

    ps. enjoying your blog - am now following xx

    ReplyDelete