Monday, June 29, 2009

Westerns are totally awesome!!!

So let's discuss one of my favorite films of all time, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Is it just me or is this film timeless or what?! Am I right? I know I'm right. Sometimes when I sit down and watch old 'classic' films I enjoy them yes, but mostly based on their importance in the history of things. I can put the dated production and acting into context, but it still lingers in my mind throughout the whole film. Try watching Casablanca for example. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I didn't necessarily ease through it. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, on the other hand, draws me in so much every time that I don't even notice its 'date'. I like the intense acting and the generic Western traditions. Basically, in my eyes, it's freaking flawless! If anything it's one hell of a visual treat; the setting, the cinematography and the costume (oh the costume!) make an A+ combination. But, maybe I'm just partial to barren desert landscapes and a good Stetson.






Oh, and it does help that Clint Eastwood was a total dish. Swoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment