Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When you grow up...

...or at least begin to, there are several things you should start to do in order to plant yourself properly in the world of adults. One of these steps is finding and buying the perfect bag. A grown up's bag. This bag will be a) practical and b) long lasting. And unfortunately a + b usually equals ex.spen.sive!!! As discussed earlier with a fellow blogger (and flatmate and buddy - prizes for guessing who) it is very hard to find a non-trendy/cheap ass throw away bag that appeals to our discerning eyes, and when this event does eventually happen I usually flip out and become totally indecisive (so out of character *cough*) convince myself that I'll hate it in two months and ultimately get myself a long way away from the situation. This only seems to happen to me in real life though, or so I thought...

Faux-shopping online has lead me to these 'I will always love it if I had it. This is my adult bag!' examples.

Chloe


and this Porenza Schouler PS1 satchel.


Ultimately I'd love to have both, but I'm on the fence about a stupid financial decision that could potentially get me one - I robbed a green grocers and now I'm rolling in a bit of money. No but seriously, I could potentially (yes stupidly) spend my clean money on one of these bags. I have been all green eyed over the PS1 satchel ever since Snaggle Tooth began sporting it a while back. We saw a much more economical version today but a) it wasn't black python skin and b) it had eyes for someone else and I'm not a total bitch - despite thoughts to the contrary.

OK. SO. What should I do? Make my net-a-porter fantasy life real? Fucking just jump into the freezing cold pool? It won't be that chilly will it? But as confident as I am about my faux-purchases when I stare at them on my computer saying 'If only I could, I would' I now, potentially can, but can't. Is this the same thing that makes me run away from perfectly fine grown up bags in Country Road? Or is it more along the lines 'Sarah you should probably use that money for a house' or whatever is more sensible than blowing a couple of thousand on a bag....that I end up hating...but probably will love forever...but will most likely get sick of...but I've wanted it for so long...etc...

Sigh my life! I should just give up on this and brighten up my day with this


Actually if I ever get that above bag, someone kill me.

Oh, and by the way, two ferrel pigeon's walking on my balcony right now. Rats of the sky.

P.S. upon further investigation, the PS1 cannot be shipped out of the EU because of its python nature. So, now I have the same issue with the Chloe bag. Sigh, can I really be THAT stupid to do this...?

No comments:

Post a Comment