Monday, October 4, 2010

Really?

I'm going to cut right to the chase here. Call me crazy, but I was really really underwhelmed by the Balmain Spring 2011 collection. It wasn't totally ugly - but it was boring. It seemed, dare I say it, a bit lazy. Torn tees and torn jeans. A rocker jacket and torn jeans, and so it went. What's going on here? This collection, to me anyway, seems like a 'fashion victim' collection - that only those with that combination of a need to be cool and lots o money would consider buying.


I'm a Balmain fan. Hello! Don't take me as a hater, it hurts a little to write this. But it really feels uninspired and lazy. Not just these terrible t-shirts, but the jeans, shorts, jackets - all so formulaic. And not just lazy in design but lazy with no attempt what so ever to hide or slightly conceal a tried and trusted formula to funnel money out of the hands of some very shiny people who want to look rock n roll but don't necessarily know why. Rock n roll by credit card.

Why the hell would you pay hundreds of dollars of these? Even if you had that much money - SPEND IT ON SOMETHING ELSE PLEASE! A Chanel 2.55, an over priced t-shirt from Alexander Wang, a lobster dinner! ANYTHING ELSE! And this coming from me - the girl you come to when you want to be convinced into buying something totally pointless and overpriced and still fee good about it after your credit card has been swiped. I would buy 'just a t-shirt' from Alexander Wang if I had the dough - I appreciate the quality, subtle tailoring it offers that Supre can't quite grasp, and yes I'd enjoy the fact that I just bought an Alexander Wang tee and could still pay my power bill that month. But this collection...I wouldn't go there at all. I mean seriously, even I could make these. I. Don't. Get. It.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you... the name Balmain is synonymous with "strong" and "intricate" while still having that (dare I say it?) high-branded feel to it. I honestly hate rock n roll style like this... totally not my thing :S

    fifitrixiesorbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete