Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bif of Arcadia.





The store that I work for is quite large, and for some reason, seriously dusty. For this reason, we have a huge team of cleaners. Sometimes we have more cleaners than staff, or more cleaners than customers.
There is a group of cleaners from all around the world who all speak Spanish. They always hang out and sometimes we try to make conversation in broken English.
Today while I was on my lunch break ,one of the cleaners said to me, "Lee lee (lily), come come, I want to talk to you." So we went outside into the hallway and he asked his friend to translate for him.
He talked in Spanish for a while and I smiled and nodded politely, thinking maybe he was asking me to marry him or telling me off for not washing my dishes properly.
The friend nodded and listened, and then turned to me and said, "He says to you that he is a strong Christian, he believes in God. You have the lovely personality, and everywhere you go, the people, they like you."
I thanked him, but there was more.
"He says God has a plan for you and that something good will happen for you because he see's that you are a good person. He says never to change your personality."




Seriously made my day. And made me think.




(side note - Am I like, the new Joan of Arcadia? Also funny post name because the store I work for is owned by a company called Arcadia. )


No comments:

Post a Comment