Saturday, September 25, 2010

Why so moody? Well, why not?

So NZ Fashion Week is pretty much over and I haven't blogged about it at all. I will leave that up to those who can be bothered and who actually care (which seems to be pretty much everyone except Bif&Sarah). Maybe I'm too lazy to get caught up in the frenzy. Or maybe I'm too snooty for my own good. Or maybe it's this weather, who knows why I'm so apathetic about this 3 ring circus.

Anyway, I caught up on my reading and looking. I'm not even going to pretend to know what I'm talking about so won't even attempt to talk about Zambesi yada-yada-yada. But I will talk about one collection I really liked, Twentyseven Names 'Fearsome Five'. To state the obvious, of course I'd like it because it reminds me of Wednesday Addams - who seems to fast becoming a style icon and influence of mine once again.


I also really like this final shot from their runway.


Not only does Ella Verberne completely sell that dress (and Wednesday Addams way of life) to me but the whole image and attitude kind of looks like a more polished, less tacky version of this.


Black, grumpy and the 90s is what I took away from this (with a bit of varsity for good on-trend measure) - no wonder I like it. It got me thinking too, about this little colour identity crisis meltdown I had last week - and this is what I have to say on that note:

I like black. I like darker colours. I have dark colouring naturally and a naturally grumpier disposition. I'm 23 now and while I may still seem like a spring chicken in many people's eyes, in my mind I am not only old(ish) but I also know myself. I'm done with being a teenager and being unsure of myself, let alone my 'look'. I'm pretty certain I've sussed that one out. I know myself (most of the time) and know that I like my clothes darker. I will never really get an item of clothing because it's 'fun' - I have fun, but not at the expense of my comfort. My fun comes in knowing that from now on I know myself enough to drop some serious cash money one an item and NOT regret it 6 months later...In saying this, with my new found self confidence I should probably stay away from net-a-porter from now on as I can see this confidence turn into delusion very quickly...

2 comments:

  1. hey seriously, I really like those too. Maybe you and I should both start dressing like wednesday and we can both blog about it. Oh oh and also- I haven't been onto the fashion week stuff coz its on the other side of the planet, but was any of it good? I saw the SGC pics and there was a few things I liked, but nothing I was raving about,but then again I only saw a few photos.
    Defo not raving about what I have seen.

    P.s its Bif. Aka. Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete