Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Growing up, one diffusion line at a time

So Kate Sylvester huh? To be honest I've always been more of a Sylvester fan than a full on Kate Sylvester devotee. Sylvester was always more fun, easy to wear, approachable and (most importantly) affordable. All the fantastic things 20-somethings love about diffusion lines. But this year, the tides are changing. I saw all the Kate Sylvester S/S 2010/11 hoop-la come out of RAFW and it was all very awesome, pretty and fantastic. Great. But it wasn't until I saw the lookbook, by way of Katherine is Awesome, that something in me changed. Bottom line. I need those pants. Grown up pants. They are awesome!



Fantastic pants! I never thought this day would come, I like pants! To me pants have always been a bit too masculine for me. I don't suit/understand the whole masculine aesthetic many girls adopt. I don't get it. Maybe because I don't have the long, lean limbs to carry off that look and look more masculine/feminine than just plain masculine. Maybe. Who knows? But what I do know now is that I like these pants. Not too masculine, still some slouch left in them (but not too much). Cool.

But it wasn't just the pants that pushed me from Sylvester and into mama Kate Sylvester's arms. Hello awesome cardigans, fantastic blue top with ruffle edges that goes so well with the pants, and these dresses. Hi!



But let's not go jumping off any cliffs or anything. Sylvester you are still great! I wish I looked good in a turban, you make it seem so easy and such and essential part of an upcoming summer ensemble to the beach. Curses to a round face! But hooray to these bikinis! Hooray indeed.



Over and out. S.

7 comments:

  1. I could see you pulling off the Turban look S-bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you are too funny! Yes, obviously the turban and my face is a match made in the heavens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Pants convert! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY BEN - I WAS REAL INTO THE TURBAN LOOK AND NEARLY GOT ONE FROM FOREVER 21 dont mock it, its ca-uuuttteeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I aint mockin!
    I could actually see it being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worked with that model, I did, one time. Skinny bitch. Nice. Company,however was unimpressed with her. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete