Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hi Marc, how've you been?

Busy I bet. I use to be obsessed with Marc Jacobs back in the day. The day being high school. OBSESSED. Well wouldn't you be if you were 17 and had a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs bright green suede flats with mirror hearts all over them? They have now been worn to shoe death, yet they still sit in my wardrobe and on the odd occasion I try to pretend they are still alive and wearable, they're not. Well the Marc Jacobs in me and my wardrobe began to slip away a bit into the distance but not too far - can we all say Marc Jacobs sandals 75% off from Fabric?! An impulse buy that still survives four years down the line. But yes, other things began to take over my life other than Marc Jacobs. Maybe because I was SO IN LOVE (I don't think you quite understand the scale of my obsession. It was scary) with Marcy Marc at a particular point in my life as I grew away from that place going back there seemed like a time-machine, and a little unwelcome.

But after seeing the the Marc Jacobs Resort 2011 collection, I am slowly getting sucked back in. Marc Jacobs has always been a little retro-cool, Mad Men-chic, and this time is no different - except maybe it's just more (in my eyes) awesome. Like Mad Men-chic Take Miami (yes like the Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian show, that's right.) I'm also beginning to appreciate again how Marc Jacobs dresses often look like a 1960s air hostess (I have a dress along these lines hidden away in the depths of my wardrobe, vote to drag it out again?) Anyway, the ladies of Mad-Men take Miami have children with 1960s flight attendants, awesome!


And I guess I can't really talk about this collection without mentioning these dresses. (Attention Amber, you will lurve these)



Promtastic! Though me being me, I think I'd get the black and white one.


Yes, totes. Give me. I want it! But the thing I really like about this collection is this dress. Look at that shape. Awesome? Yes! Very!


So all in all, I like Marc Jacobs again. Yay for him! I'm sure he thinks very highly of my opinion. I think I might even pull out my Year 13 ball dress and wear it like a normal person, not just a ball attendee. Yes it was Marc Jacobs, I told you I was OBSESSED.


Here we go. What do we think? Jesus 2005 reeeeally was a looooooooooong time ago...hello terrible memory lane! Nice t-shirt Gemma. Awesome belt. Ahem, anyway... we're talking about just the dress here. Can I do this dress again? Especially in winter. Will I look totally stupid and weird? Should I just wait till summer? What do I doooooo?

S

1 comment:

  1. Do it! Five years won't have changed how much that dress suits you, I praaamise!

    ReplyDelete