Monday, July 5, 2010

In The Mood For Love

Watch this film! Just do it ok. If you like it, also watch 2046. I first saw these a couple of years ago and loved them. Set in Hong Kong in the 60s. Beautiful cinematography. And the cheongsams, oh the cheongsams...









Yes a lot of pictures, what are you gonna do? My sister got a cheongsam made when she was 18. She's never worn it since, but it was a qusai coming-of-age moment and I remember being very jealous and couldn't wait until my cheongsam day arrived. It never did. What's up with that? I'm thinking about hitting mum about this. But before I do, am I even Chinese looking enough to get one? Sadly I don't think I am. Maybe in say that stripy pattern? Or the blue with the rose print??? Getting one in a less 'oriental' fabric might actually take away some of the cringe factor of a white girl in a cheongsam. Sigh, I don't actually think I can pull it off. Anyway, In The Mood For Love. 2046. Wong Kar-Wai. Do it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing at the "I'm half Chinese" tag.
    Also, I love cheongsams, but also: I have boobs. Which have pretty much ruined high-necked dresses for me for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i AM half chinese. a lot of people don't believe me, ok!

    ReplyDelete