Wednesday, March 24, 2010

K-Dub

Ok, so let's skip the "Karen Walker you goddess for bringing Topshop to The Department Store in April, OH MA GOH I'M GONNA DIE" hoo-ha shall we and instead talk about how I'm generally weirded out by K-Dub stuff in everyday life. And before we begin, this ain't no hate (Karen Walker you goddess for bringing Topshop to The Department Store in April, OH MA GOH I'M GONNA DIE) and I want this t-shirt from the Runaway line.


But you see, the thing is, this is probably the first ever item of Karen Walker clothing I've really wanted. And it's a t-shirt.

So pretty much, the deal with me is that I've just never warmed to much of the Karen Walker clothes over the past years. I like the jewelry a lot more and don't have this issue with them. I like a few coats every season, like these little babies for example.



But like everything in the land of Karen Walker (except this possibly rather affordable t-shirt) the coats are always out of my financial reach so I never bother even going in there to look for them. My 'problem' with Karen Walker isn't the price. If I like something enough I'd charge it to my credit card and not go out for a while slash just stare at it in vain online until I die of boredom. It just never happens with KW stuff. Why? I just look at it all and while I'm not repulsed, I'm just a bit 'meh-ed' (yes kill me now, I know I 'blaspheme'). It's just all a bit 'boxy' or something. Just a bit too 'nautical'/'wood cabin in upstate New York' or something. I'm not hating on the 'geek-chic' shoe and sock combo (I am a fan and practicing individual of that look). It all just doesn't sit right with me.

For example I kinda like this dress.


It's cute. It's frilly. It's in my second favorite colour, navy blue. But I still wouldn't really go there.

If I was a sexy sectary or librarian I'd maybe wear this to work.


But that's not what I do, is it. I think the thing with Karen Walker and me is that I don't feel like I have anywhere appropriate to wear this stuff. Which is weird because I didn't think twice about buying a tight velvet dress. I feel like when I put on her clothes that I AM the dress. The things I'd try on aren't pants (I'm not mature enough to wear 'pants' as opposed to jeans) or stripped tops (I get mine from H&M and Glassons thank you very much) are such 'clothes' they just make me wrinkle my nose a little bit - except that t-shirt, I think I'm gonna get that. Is there something wrong with me that I don't kowtow to the temple of KW? Am I ill? Please still be my friend.

p.s. Karen Walker ring fund update, I think I want this one more now. Not so "Oh my god I forgot to take it off when I did the dishes" and possibly more realistic for my little money jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment