Friday, March 5, 2010

Nom nom nom

Tonight one of us is going on a mini-vacation - and the other one is simply driving her to the airport. The most exciting thing about this trip for me (the one who is staying behind) is that Bif will get to eat CURLY FRIES! (Of course I think the most exciting thing about this trip for her would be seeing her family...) But back to the point, CURLY FRIES! These were the highlight of childhood birthday parties at A&W and trips to the zoo (where there was an A&W). But then tragedy struck - my family moved away from Singapore and away from A&W. The part of my life dedicated to the curly fry crumbled. People would be all "A fry that is curly? You're nuts immigrant" and just laugh and point at me. But then around four years ago, while pretending to be an adult down in Wellington curly fries re-entered my life. There was a bit of a sketchy period during the past four years when the 'supplier of curly fries could not deliver to Sweet Mother's Kitchen' for some reason or another - but most of the time, they would be there. But now, having moved back to Auckland - the curly fry evades me yet again...

I'm so sad that I'm driving Bif to the curly fry and all I will get is McDonalds at the airport foodcourt. So sad in fact that I have spent the last few minutes Goggle Image searching 'Curly fries'. Yes very sad - as in upsetting and lame. THEN I decided to google 'curly fries in Auckland' and - highlight of my day so far - curly fries are served at the Langham Hotel for $8 a basket!!! Is it lame to eat at a hotel when you are not staying there/not at a wedding/not on a business meeting/not going for high tea/just ordering a basket of curly fries...?

3 comments:

  1. Denny's sells curly fries! And.. They are open 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUH! Why didn't I think about that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allegedly, bond street bar can also cater to your dining needs. If you wanted an option between hotel and (early morning drunk hotel) Denny's...

    ReplyDelete