Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friends


Good friends are hard to come by.And lucky me, I have a couple .. if you count family. And Sarah is the obvious one.
I'm not one of those girls who has lots of friends, I never have been. Generally I have one or two good friends and a people I know who I hang out with from time to time but they aren't real friends.
But recently I have been investing more in possible friends - I think friends are awesome, perhaps I'm just not so good at making them. I am rather shy when I'm not at work and getting paid to be incessantly friendly.
So, this year, I have been trying to be more social. This means going out more, and drinking more ( coz I'm way more fun when I'm drunk, ask anyone) and not being a mean girl ( see previous blogs.)
So, I'm putting in the friend effort. Small results, but I supposed its a bit like an iceberg. Small points showing, lots underneath you can't see.

In other world news, planning an attempt to move halfway around the world. How scary is that? Looking at two VERY different places and can't quite decide what I'm doing. Ohhh the indecisiveness. I will accept a poll to make my decision - so, pick a hand!!! one will win and make my decision easier.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Re: 'Im not one of those girls who has lots of friends, I never have been. Generally I have one or two good friends and a people I know who I hang out with from time to time but they aren't real friends.' - am exactly the same. Have also been contemplating expanding my friend circle. Am on the same page sister, the same page.

    2. I pick left hand. Or whichever place is warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making new friends is very hard, I have found, not as easy as one may think out of school or university. Strange.

    ReplyDelete