Monday, August 16, 2010

Kidzzzz


Here is another rant about how I really don't get kids these days. I'm pretty confused, and astounded to be honest. But for the sake of not sounding too much like the over-concerned mother I'm not, I'm gonna keep this short, and hopefully sweet. It seems that these days if you are a young lass you are into fashion. Wait, let me correct myself. High fashion. It also seems that if you are between the ages of 12 to 18 you also have a very glossy blog, a SLR camera (which comes with a pension for taking outfit shots everyday) and a magical pot of gold in your tree house which allows you to buy Acne wedges and Balenciaga bags. W.T.F.?. Seriously. Yes I am a green eyed monster, yes! This crop of girls are not only boasting (literally on the internet) a better wardrobe than me, but are much, much, MUCH shiner than I can ever dream of being! AT FOURTEEN! HELLO!? Haven't they heard of braces? Have they even heard of Nickelodeon? Because it seems like they have only heard of Style.com and Christopher Kane. Yes these are the times we live in, the internet blah, blah, blah. But still, come on!

5 comments:

  1. Again with the shrunken adult syndrome!! arrrggggghhh maybe I too am just jealous, but I'm pretty sure I'm a little bit disgusted by it all also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect example of Shiny Girls. Fashion and style is trial and error, bargain and exxy, label and op shop...... time NOT money. The Internet is one of our greatest achievements and biggest downfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE post a picture of you at 14 Sarah! and you to Lilz. For arguments sake...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us at 14, I know for a fact, is not pretty. In the slightest.
    I think that most 14 year olds that are normal are pretty awkward. Unlike these shiny little mofo's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm scathing now, but when I was that age I would have given anything to be more shiny and less awkward.

    ReplyDelete