Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh Dear

Now when I moved here to London (ok ok greater London,I live in the country at the moment) I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything that wasn't absolutely necessary until I got a job.
Today that went out the window. I purchased this amazing one of a kind shirt.


Are those beaded tassels, you say? Yes, I reply, they are. Indeed beaded tassels and triangular metal studs. This shirt makes sound effects when I move!

But when else in my life am I going to see anything like this? And for the bargain price of 15 pounds? I had to do it. It was a moment of weakness and I felt rejected from all the retail bitched who accept my cv with a wary yet snobbish look in their eye. I needed a self esteem boost, and this shirt was the thing indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Where/what kind of job are you looking for? Just retail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Bif, if it helps any, my cousin said you're more than welcome to email him about job searching in London: Neil.Eatson[at]Akqa[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retail, anything at this point. I know I'm good at retail. I'm currently living out of the city, but want to move into the city once I get a job and cassssh money money, so job is key.

    would it be weird to email him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, not at all: I actually asked him if he knew of any jobs available (is that weird of me? maybe?), cos I know of the suckage of finding employment, and he said you should email him.
    Every last contact helps, I suppose. He works in advertising, so he might not actually be of any help, but it's still worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete