Thursday, November 25, 2010

Boo Boo

Sometimes it's awesome being an independent lady (throw your hands up at me!). But sometimes it's not all that glamorous and amazers as Beyonce makes it all out to be. So here is the story (if you hate self-pitying rants stop reading now): I bought these shelves last weekend because while I am short my eye-line is actually higher than 2 inches off the ground. Anyway in a spur of enthusiasm I bought two sets of shelves. One made it up to my apartment (the other is still resting snugly in my car...) and it's just been chilling out all week seemingly going unnoticed to this guy I know. But tonight I had enough, they had to go up! Surely I've encountered worse self-assembly furniture nightmares before (god knows there's been a fair share) and I built it!


Ok so not only did I cut myself, stain the carpet with blood and took a very inappropriate near up-skirt photo of myself - the shelf is also totally bullshit! I followed the instructions to a tee and yet it wobbles like there is a strong gust of wind whirling around my room. I now see the flaw in the instructions (not my assembly skills) and could potentially take it apart and make it so much better, but I just don't have the will left in me to do that. This little project totally broke me tonight. I mean who the hell marks their product 'easy assembly!' and give instructions totally void of logic and what seems to be a complete lack of shelf structural knowledge as well as impossibly slippery and greased up bolts?! WHO??? (mutter, mutter, mutter)

2 comments: