Tuesday, November 2, 2010

'Special' cosmetics - I don't really understand it


I love Kiehl's. It's the best. I love their shampoos, lip balms and (of course) creme de corps. Did I mention how great creme de corps is? Very great! Here it is with Jeff Koons all over it's ass. What's with stuff doing special deigns all over it and causing a frenzy. I don't get it. I mean the product is the same you know...the packaging is just different. When you're done with the stuff you then what? Display your empty bottle...? HUH? Yes, yes, very often proceeds go to charity. But that is also another bone I have to pick with the world; why does it need to be 'special' for us to feel ok with proceeds going to charity? Will it not be as charitable if the label wasn't designed by Jeff Koons? It's the same price! Love Kiehl's, don't understand marketing psychology - are humans really that 'stupid'?Sigh, besides why would you ever want to trade in your awesome original creme de corps packaging? It's da bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment