Monday, May 17, 2010

Fringe


Let's have another trip down Sarah's fashion memory line. Fringe. It's having a little comeback is it not? I'm a bit undecided on this 'hippy-chic' comeback. On the one hand it's cool and makes you look like a carefree hippy. On the other hand it's lame and makes you look like you are trying to be a carefree hippy or a lame excuse of an Erin Wasson lookalike. When I was a kid my best friend and I had matching fringed tops. They were plain white and slightly too big for us, so started out as small dresses rather than t-shirts. They were fringed along the sleeves and hem. However we didn't look like try hard hippies because a) we were children and b) each tassel was finished off with two see-through different coloured neon beads. Yes, neon beads. We looked so awesome! We sounded even better, and I'm sure any adult who had to supervise us playing in these outfits would confirm. This was one of my earliest decision to make a fashion conscious choice about my clothes. I KNEW I was ahead of the pack in this get up (especially paired with lycra bike pants - yet another comeback, yes indeed) Sadly I don't have any precious photos of this pivotal outfit of my life - maybe my parents were too ashamed to immortalise it in a photo. But use you imagination, I know you have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment