Monday, May 3, 2010

Wheels


So, wheels eh? I have four. They are on my little car named Billy (Chinese name, BEJ). Billy has been an old faithful friend to me for over 5 years now. He has taken me here, there, EVERYWHERE! To school when I really didn't want to go, to the Mc Donald's drive thru one very shameful evening back in the university haze - shameful as the Mc Donald's was literally 100m away from our house...let's not go there shall we, it was in Wellington in winter. Do you have any idea how cold it can get down there?! Do you have any idea how much tv shows mean to final year students and how short ad breaks are?! ANYWAY...

As much as I love Billy, I've been thinking about getting a wee two wheeled friend. A bicycle. I know they are very cool and stuff, and every man and their dog has one these days, but, so? It would still be cool to have one. I have a friend who uses his a lot (until recently when using sellotape to fix a busted tyre failed) and I feel left out and a kill joy on nice day when "Let's go cycle down by the docks" is suggested and all I can offer is a car. Besides I need a new form of exercise in disguise as climbing up the stairs to my 9th floor apartment is beginning to feel like actual exercise.

But getting a bike that isn't annoying and that is affordable is proving very difficult. Again Bif is more blessed in this area of life, like with fur purchases. I saw this bike two years ago in Tokyo at the Hello Kitty Bedazzle Station in Shibuya, and I still haven't seen anything quite as good. I am being serious. I think this is the only bike that will do for me. Sigh, bad news for me, good news for Billy.

9 comments:

  1. i love my mamachari! but yikes, that one is a serious beauty! mine lacks sparkles and kitty chan

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycling/Road-bikes/Medium-53-56cm/auction-287755086.htm


    buy it.


    but also,
    get a bike withhh horizontal drop outs

    also
    go get monnneyy
    and i'll help you build a bike pretty.
    or less and we do it for what we can fiiind.

    i vaguely have an idea of how tall you are. but uyou'd probably need a bike smaller than 51cm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also the obvious, go to twhites.

    oh. and don't get tiny bikes. folding bikes. small wheels
    you'll die in ak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James I have no idea what you are talking about except the part about me being short and folding bikes. Folding bikes are for cartoon people.

    Can you help build me a sparkly Hello Kitty bike??? Puretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i donut think i make sense to anyone anymore. the straight answer is yesssss. yesss. step one. find a bike that can be stripped so we can repaint it and cover it in hello kitty things

    trademe? maybe see what old frames are at twhites? actually keen.cos i like this shit. jamesklowe@gmail.com /email me if you wanna buildd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT?! DID YOU WRITE THIS, SARAH? YOU SWORE YOU WOULD NEVER GO BIKE RIDING WITH ME, AND THAT IT WAS UNNATURAL TO SUGGEST SUCH A THING.

    Auckland's changed you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. James that sounds fantastic! Except I need to get monnneyy first...slight snag.

    and Jen, if I had a Hello Kitty bike I'd go riding with you

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a creep, Sarah Ho. If you had a Hello Kitty bicycle, I wouldn't ride with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jennifers out.
    im your new riding buddy.

    mail me anytime. happy to help out with bike building

    ReplyDelete