Sunday, May 23, 2010

Music makes me lose control

or at least recently I have lost control of my music. I NEED HELP. Calling all ye cool readers, help me find something new to listen to so I don't go insane. I am up for any suggestions. Here is a run down of the kind of music I like:

1) I like 'good' country music.


2) I like swoon worthy country music along the lines of Hank Williams by swoon worthy tall, tall, tall young lads.


3) but I also LOVE (yes, capitals) 'bad' country music.


4) Neil Young. Fullstop.


5) Beyonce. Fullstop.


6) A list of assorted 'need to know and love' cool dudes


7) I even listen to gospel music


8) 50s and 60s rock n roll. Defo.



9) Fleetwood Mac. Fullstop.


10) You know, all the other shit that's out there Animal Collective, Elvis, Lady Gaga, Bill Callahan, Smog, Soujla Boy Tell 'Em, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Jenny Lewis, BRMC, The Kills, Taylor Swift, Leadbelly, Michael Jackson, Pulp, Primal Scream, The Black Keys, Keils, Pavement, The Cramps, Paul Simon, Justin Timberlake, The Smiths, 50 Cent, Cat Power, Sam Cooke, Merle Haggard, Tom Waits, blah, blah, blah, music wankery spew.



So roll, up roll up, suggest me something not on that list. I will give you a virtual hug if I like what I hear! As you can see I have crazy irrational taste that borderlines more on the side of 'bad' than 'good' so don't be afraid. The only thing that really makes my ears bleed is cutesy music. You know the kind that has too many xylophones and is always played in the golden light of sunset in a field of overgrown grass. GROSS. Oh and you know Pete Wentz's band and stuff like that (mamma didn't raise no fool). But yes, I just need help and assistance! My iPod is driving me bored.

p.s. re-posting this photo. God damn Elvis was a babe!


p.p.s. Jen Eatson I will NOT accept suggestions anywhere near you calling me an 'ultimate hipster' b.t.w. Get off that band wagon already. It's beginning to give me a rash.

4 comments:

  1. it confuses me how i never know who's talking. generally i can assume it's sarah. but on the off i'l probably get it wrong. going to start calling you both 'barah' or 'serabeth'..probably the latter.

    anyway. im going to dig deep and find you music. something to get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tis sarah. but please call us barah, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm flattered and mildly embarrassed that you mentioned me by name, Theo. Is this going to effect my results when I google myself?

    Also, also: Micah P. Hinson, seriously. His deep voice is swoonsome. And also Ryan Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly Parton is NOT bad. Have you seen this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zUqNF7K30
    Awesome.

    And Neko Case, Gillian Welch are both amazing.
    Neko covering Aretha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLTtlm2xJ-g
    Gillian singing about Elvis:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FM8ui2ByUI

    AND Blind Pilot:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSH-TJ2-eM
    AND Camera Obscura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTa_RQC8ZxA

    ReplyDelete