Monday, May 10, 2010

Untitled.

Hello .
Something from my final year at uni that didn't go anywhere, but was fun to do. The babe is Rachel, and the wounds are fake. The boobs are real too.


Hello .

Unfortunately I lost all but two photos from this shoot, darn computer died. But anyway, this photo got me thinking about another photo that I saw recently, by a photographer named Sandy Kim. Now I'm not prude, a bit of nudity never hurt anyone, but ok ... I'm not going to post the photo because it goes against my blog ethics, but if you find her website and go to the XXX section I'm sure you will know which one it is. The photo, for some reason, really made me feel yuck. Maybe because I knew it wasn't fake blood, or a fake situation. That is some raw shit.
So this particular photo got me and some workmates a'talkin. If this particular photo by Kim was in a gallery, would I feel different?? I'm not sure, but either way, there is a line.. some things should be kept private.

2 comments:

  1. i appreciate learning about new photographers.
    but bro. ..
    broo.

    internets too shit to load images so i went straight to the xxx. maybe i'll look at the rest of her work before i make any fixed opinions.

    wasn't as explicit as i thought. but this has certainly ruined my sleep tonight. it's like the the first time i visited a site of pictures from the aftermath of suicides when i was 13.. it's that all over again. crawl.up.in.to.ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, if yr talking about the period-intercourse one, I reckon it's all g. Bloody sex doesn't mean violence, and I personally have more ideological problems with posed images of vulnerable girls with fake wounds than with real and honest post-period-sex photos.

    ReplyDelete