Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Right up there for me


I went and saw this film last night. For those who haven't been smothered to death by this image yet, the film I'm talking about is Sofia Coppola's Somewhere.

I liked it. A lot. What the hell peeps, why are y'all such haters? Is this going to be a case of Marie Antoinette from a few years back when all people did was hate on it and now it's every alt girly girly's fave film. Huh? Is that what's going to happen? Why did everyone not like it? I thought it was better than Marie Antoinette. No Lost In Translation, but nothing will never be. I honestly think this is my second fave Sofia Coppola film. It was good. I liked that it wasn't as 'beautiful' as her other films have been too. It carved out everything I loved about L.A. too. The hills, the wide barren streets, the colonial Spanish influence. GREAT! Everyone said it was awkward. That it was a lot of the times, but I liked that and besides, I'm no film expert here or anything, but also kind of the point a lot of the time, no? Geez guys, have we all gotten too use to Kanye West video clips that we can't handle actually expenerncing some awkward feeling by pretty much being in it? Instead of swift splicing and editing so we interpert the moment in a few seconds. Hmmm...that's lame dudes.

I will stop talking because I hate people who harp on about something they really have no idea about. But yeah, I really liked it. It was awesome! I don't get the hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment