Thursday, December 23, 2010

Summer book club


So summer is upon us finally - or at least me. Had my first day of Christmas break today, feels kind of good. There is a lot to do in summer, and that is a whole lot of nothing. But one thing I want to do is start reading again. Proper books (ish). But the problem I have with 'modern literature' is that it kind of annoys me. The writing these days more than often than not it makes me want to scream and cringe at the same time. So when I read it is usually books made for impressionable tweens or books that verge on trash. Another type of book I tend to read is the 'must read classics' the wonderful Lolita for example (read now if you haven't already.) So in the spirit of my grumpy and cynical attitude towards writers today I have picked a book I can't really believe I haven't read yet; 'must read classic' slash trash. Wonderful. Summer reading is set for me - that and back-dated magazines. I love old magazines; yes I'm slow and not with the now but they are still interesting and on that note, to our one reader, expect some not so breaking pop culture news coming your way this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment